Δευτέρα 27 Φεβρουαρίου 2017

Saying Good Goodbyes


I am currently co-writing an article about Saying Good Goodbyes. Saying Goodbyes is an inevitable process throughout life. Workshops, relationships and so many other things end. Endings may be a final stage which may look the same: denial in the beginning, shock, questions "This is not happening to me", anger, sadness, frustration and so on.

The way we say goodbye is different though: sometimes we slap the door and exit the situation, other times we hug each other before leaving etc. We always carry valuable emotions after endings. Even when emotions might look bitter in the first place, they become a treasure in our life.

The previous week I attended a DBT workshop in Athens led by Tony DyBose and Fragiskos Gonidakis. On Friday the 24th of February we said goodbye to each other in a unique way. Tony showed us the moves and we all started "dancing". This mindfulness participation technique was a touching way to say goodbye to people that I may never see again, to some colleagues who I may not meet again or to others with whom I collaborate on new projects.

This mindfulness techniques was also a way to say goodbye to people who I decided not to walk the same path in life anymore. Almost 40 people were dancing and I could feel the emotional vibes in the room. Nothing was said after the "dance". I guess words could not describe what the movement led us to.

Experiential techniques are not easy to be described verbally. You feel them inside your skin. The participation in these processes create a new environment for contemplation and offer new perspectives. They offer unexpected reactions and evoke magical transformation.

I feel lucky and honored to be found in that room with dear colleagues and to have received this awakening gift.


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: