Κυριακή 17 Ιουνίου 2018

Compassion games

"Will you play with us? The winner gets a candy!"
This is how my colleague and friend, Elli Tholouli, was inviting people during the Art and Acceptance Festival which was held in Athens some weeks ago.

The game:
1. Looking each other in the eyes for one minute.
2. Exchanging written heartfelt wishes.
3. Ending up with sweetness: candy and warm connection included!

Compassion might be presented in a playful way. Sometimes, however, it is hard to look somebody in the eyes. Especially when this person is suffering or evokes aversive feelings to others. Putting ourselves in the other's shoes is a demanding but rewarding process!

I was deeply touched by people who threw themselves genuinely to the compassion games. Seeing friends, refugees, parents and kids coming closer to their loved ones was like an unwrapping gift in front of my eyes. 

I would like to thank Elli for her invitation to participate in the games. The waves of love are maintained in my heart giving me ideas for the next journey of connectedness.

Special thanks to Sofia for her valuable role ;)

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: