Τετάρτη 13 Ιουνίου 2018

The art of celebrating life


Yesterday was the day that 39 years ago I was born. I chose to go to a dance theatre performance entitled “The art of dying”. Was it a paradox? Instead of throwing a party, I was about to watch "death".

My good friend Marilena accompanied me and off we drove there both feeling like it was a perfectly normal thing to do on my birthday. Was I getting a weirdo, as I grew older? Was my friend a weirdo as well?

The dancer invited us in a scenery full of rich stimuli. Although they seemed dark and repulsive in the beginning, she managed to create a ritualistic balance between existence and nothingness, between  lust and despair, between life and death.

Leaving the theatre I made a pause and I looked at the coffin on the stage. It reminded me of specific techniques I apply in therapy, when I want to make my clients think about the meaning in their life. My question may sound creepy: How would you like to be remembered by people after your death? That coffin functioned as a reminder of the values in my life and my mission for this year of my existence.

At the core of my mission is to be surrounded by people who will accompany me in my dreams, who will respect my weirdo-ness and will be in tune with my wild and soft parts.

I am sending much love to all the beautiful people who remembered me yesterday! Their wishes gave me new ideas for life celebrations!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: